Thursday, August 29, 2013

Another Dresser Re-do

So, its been almost a month in my new townhouse and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.  A new chance to decorate, and of course I need some more furniture to fill the place! 

And man, that down payment just hurts. So I love doing things cheap. 

So I redo... that's just what I do.


Well here is another little guy I picked up from Kijiji, it was part of the set I posted earlier.





So first I just roughed him up -- an electric sander did the trick -- but I also had to use just some sand paper for the little parts I couldn't get to.  I made sure to wipe off all the dust with a wet cloth and let it dry.



Then, I painted just a white primer over all of it. 



And finally the 2 coats of regular paint...

As you can see -- what I did wrong on this one was use a roller that was for rough surfaces instead of smooth to semi-smooth, which I should have done -- so it left me all these bumps. Rookie mistake. 

Eventually I evened them out but it was a real pain. 





I really learned with both of these dressers that they are fussy little things! Each nook and cranny -- lots of prep work -- and all the little details really do count. When in doubt -- google it or ask someone that knows Don't just do it. 



Now he's my buddy - holdin my jewelry for me. He's a real help and fits nicely into my nook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...