Thursday, July 8, 2010

Molasses Crumble Cookies


As slow as molasses. I'm not sure who repeated that quote to me before, but it must have worked. I hate being slow. I am a huge fan of efficiency, quickness, and short stints of intensity. 

None of this slow and steady stuff. Did the turtle really win the race? I don't think it did.

And long distance running? I could care less. I'd sprint any day. Well, just about any day. Any day that I feel like it.


Here is some molasses for your fancy.


A little of this and a little of that - and you have this lovely mixture!


Here's my attempt at walnut shaped balls. Come to think of it - I don't think I've ever eaten a walnut. I'm adding that to my bucket list.


The recipe says to only dip the top in sugar. But sugar is a good thing, the love needs to be spread around.


Just bake them til they are set - not hard. Hard cookies = not what you want. Especially if you have dentures.


This is a recipe from my grandma. Anytime she likes a recipe, I like it too. You have to respect years of finding the perfect ones!

I love these cookies because they're relatively healthy. Anytime you can put healthy + yummy together, I jump for joy. I'm literally doing jumps right now, and they are full of joy. You should do it too, but make sure to do it quickly and efficiently. No need to waste time.

P.S. Stay tuned - this weekend I am making a cake for my grandparents' 50th anniversary!! I'm going to try to incorporate her boquet you see here into the cake somehow..  Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.. !
I'll post after the weekend to show what I came up with!



Molasses Crumble

3/4 cup soft margarine
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup molasses
3 cups flour
2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ginger

Mix first 4 ingredients thoroughly.  Combine flour, baking soda, salt & spices - add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill dough. 
Roll dough into walnut size balls; dip tops in granulated sugar. Place sugared side up on greased baking sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with 2 or 3 drops of water. Make 8-10 minutes (7-9 minutes on Convection bake) @ 375 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...