Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lemon White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies


My youngest sister has graduated... sigh, tear, sigh.  It's hard to let the young ones go.

It is probably a result of her constant teasing and micheviousness that I have learned to deal with the hardships of life.  I love this girl. 

Some other things I love are white chocolate. And macadamia nuts. Just about the same amount as I love my sister. I have to tell her often that she competes with my love of food.  Just kidding. But it's pretty close.



 Ok, Mac nuts I brought back from Hawaii.  So yummy.


 And, white chocolate.  White chocolate + macadamia nuts = world peace.


 Mom has this handy lemon grader tool for lemon peels. It's quite handy.


 Put 'em on a pan and bake 'em.


 And now your life is complete.



 Ok, remember the rain I mentioned a while back? Now you know I wasn't lying. I was serious. It's wet!
It was on the way back from Humboldt one day.  That crazy rain!



Lemon White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies 

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup white chocolate chips or wafers
1 cup macadamia nuts

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, lemon and vanilla in large bowl until light & fluffy.  Add eggs, beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and add to other mixture.  Stir in chocolate & nuts. Drop by tablespoons onto cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 pieces until almost set.  Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies are making me drool. I may have to try those suckers out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...