Saturday, June 19, 2010

Top Things Dad would never say + Raisin Carmel Pudding


It's a day for my dad tomorrow. I've been trying to brainstorm the good advice  my dad has given me over the years. I also dreamed up of some of the things he would probably never say to me or my sisters..


 - Hey girls! Why don't you take the new car and do some shopping today. Take my credit card and spend as much as you want!

- Why don't you guys take the remote for the night? I'm tired of watching sports.

-  You're turning 13? I think it's about time you go on unchaperoned dates.

- Oh, you failed English? That's ok, they talk different that we do anyways. 

- Well how about that! We're lost! I think we should stop for directions.

- Why do you want to go get a job? I make plenty of money for you to spend! 


Nope, can't see that happening anytime soon.. bummer.

Well, he's still my favorite man. Speaking of favorites, I whipped a little somthin' somthin' (his favorite!) up for my dear father while he was out fishing today.  It's a secret... don't tell !

Raisins.. oooh ya.


Don't mix it together..! I was close to it but stopped my hand just in time.


It'll look like this before the oven does its duty.

Post-oven wonderfulness.

My mom has seriously tried countless recipes over the years just to get it "just the way his mom made it". Sheesh. If that isn't love in a marriage, I don't know what is.


Love ya dad!



Raisin Carmel Pudding

1 cup flour
2 tbsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 cup raisins

1 tbsp margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 cups boiling water


Mix flour, baking powder, salt together.  Add milk and raisins and mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Put in a 2 quart casserole dish.  In separate bowl, combine 3/4 cup brown sugar, margarine and boiling water. Pour the sauce over the other mixture, but don't mix in. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes @ 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...